October 22, 2009

Soupy Soup

Hey, guess what? I got out of class early today so I have time to cook myself lunch before work. It’s a very simple dish, but hey, some people need simple meals for their fast-paced lives. For lunch today I will present you with a noodle soup.

Servings: 2

Noodle Soup

You’ll need:
2 oz pasta shells (just a shake of the box really, less than a quarter)
1 celery stalk
1 carrot
1 chicken bullion cube/powder packet
2 scallions
2 sprigs of cilantro
1 small potato

            1. Set water to boil, about half a pot and add your bullion cube.
2. Peel the skin off of the potato and carrot. You can cut then cut the potato in half so you have a nice flat surface; then dice said halves. Cut the celery, carrots, and scallions into small pieces.




3. When the water is boiling, dump all of your cut veggies into the pot and cover with a lid. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. Go relax somewhere while you wait.




4. When all is said and done, put the pasta in and leave your soup to cook without the lid for another 10 minutes. Also, add a little more water so the pasta is covered.




5. When it’s ready to serve, add the cilantro into the soup. Now you’re ready to eat. Enjoy!





That’s my really simple soup. Flavorful and healthy…well, it has a lot of sodium, but that’s pretty much a given with soup. I wish you well and I will see you with my pancakes tomorrow. Because I know I won’t have time to cook dinner tonight. Very important social engagement to go to. Farewell~

No comments:

Post a Comment