October 22, 2009

Personal Breakfast

Oh man, I didn’t get to cook anything yesterday. I was so bummed. But I ate my delicious salad from last time and this wonderful cheesy bow-tie pasta dish that my mom brought home. I’m certainly going to try to make it myself soon enough.
But, that’s not what you want to hear. Today, I’m going to cook breakfast for you guys. I’m making tomato and bacon eggs with cinnamon toast. It’s all relatively simple and you can have it out in like 10 minutes.

Serving Size: 1

Cinnamon Toast
You’ll need:
2 Slices of your Choice of Bread.
Cinnamon.
Frosting.

1. First, pop the bread into a toaster for 3 minutes.



2. When it’s done, liberally sprinkle toast with cinnamon. However much you want, really.
3. Finally, to be a bit more fun I drew smily faces on my toast with black frosting. Of course, sky’s the limit with this one. Go crazy. I’m sure it’ll be especially appreciated if you have kids and/or picky eaters!




Tomato and Bacon Eggs
You’ll need:
3 Strips of Bacon.
2 Large Eggs.
Pasta/tomato sauce.
Cilantro (a couple of leaves)

1. First things in order: Cut up the bacon into small pieces and put in a pan on low – medium. You don’t need to put any butter because the fat from the bacon is enough for your purposes.




2. When that has browned up, dump the eggs off to the side in the pan. Let them set a bit. Then, just scramble everything together! Let cook for about 1-2 minutes, until eggs look cooked.




3. When everything is all nicely set, add in about 1 ½ tbs of pasta or tomato sauce. Mix that up. Everything should be completely cooked by now so you can go ahead and transfer your breakfast to your plate. Garnish with a bit of cilantro to add a nice colour and there you are, a lovely breakfast dish just for you!




It really tastes nice. It has the sweetness of tomatoes but the saltiness of an egg. It reminds me of a potato in some ways. The sweet bread is a good contrast to the savory flavor of the eggs as well.

That’s it for this recipe. Tomorrow we’re doing an egg sandwich with scallion pancake buns. I have to let the batter sit overnight so you’ll just have to sit tight and let your mouth water! Have a lovely day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment