October 29, 2009

I Luv Halloween

Alright, it’s Halloween time! SWEET! Time for sweets. No other posts lately cause I’ve been eating butternut squash soup my mom made and delicious sandwiches from some deli.
But, yeah, Halloween cupcake time!

You’ll need:
2 eggs
2 1/2 cps flour
1 cp sugar
1 cp butter
1/2 cp brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbs cocoa powder
1/4 cp oil
1/4 cp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

  1. First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Next, mix up the 2 eggs with your mixer (of course) until you have a foamy consistency.
  3. Add ½ cp brown sugar and when that’s mixed in also mix in the cup of sugar.


    4. Mix in your cup of butter.
   5. Next, add 1 tsp vanilla extract, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 3 tbs of cocoa powder, and 2½ cps of flour.



6. When it’s thoroughly mixed, add ¼ cp of oil and ¼ cp of milk until you have a smooth, silky consistency. You’ll need to mix for a few minutes.


7. Add batter by two spoonfuls to cupcake tins. Tip: Cupcake batter about doubles in size during the baking process. You’re only going to need to fill the tins half to three quarters of the way full.

8. Bake for about 6 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.


9. Wait until cupcakes cool before adding frosting. I know that there’s poor photo quality on this last photo. I tried maybe eight times and it just doesn’t want to come out. Better luck next time, I suppose. As for the designs, I tried to imitate spider webs I’ve seen on many cupcakes at http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/
    I just made frosting circles and then used a knife to run the frosting umbrella styled so the lines would interconnect. It looks alright, but I reckon I need more practice.



    That’s it for tonight. Soon I’ll have some pumpkin recipes up. As Halloween ends, of course. I’m re-using the decorating pumpkins :) Night everyone! Stay safe on Halloween.

    1 comment: